There are several ways to make a donation to Temple Sinai for specific programs or to honor someone special to you. The following is a list of the various funds, endowments and groups that support Temple Sinai and our community:
- Benefactors Fund: Used for special programming coordinated by past Benefactors (persons honored annually for years of service to the Temple).
- Building Fund: Contributions for our beautiful building.
- Caring Committee Fund: for discretionary spending to help out families in need.
- Education Fund: Contributions used for special programming.
- Library Fund: Used for acquisition of books, newspapers/magazines, multimedia, and furnishings/equipment.
- Music Fund: Provides funding for musical accompaniment at services.
- Prayer Book Fund: Donations used to purchase Shabbat or High Holy Day prayer books. A bookplate will be placed in each book.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: Donations used to aid students, our Temple, and the Jewish community at Rabbi Belford’s discretion.
- Ruth Lax Mitchell Fund: Used to offset camp fees for students in need.
- Shalom From Sinai Fund: Donations for birthday, anniversary, sympathy, congratulations, get well, etc.
- Todd Philip Levin Endowment: Proceeds provide funding for the salary of the Education Director and support for special education programs.
- Yahrzeit Plaque: To memorialize your loved ones.
- Brotherhood: For current needs and additional discretionary spending.
- Sisterhood: For current needs and to outfit our commercial kitchen (in later building phase).
- Robert Schwartz Memorial Campership monies used for URJ camp scholorships
- Oneg or Happy Hour Donations to sponsor a Shabbat oneg or Happy Hour Dinner
- TeSTY Donations to support Temple Sinai teens to attend regional and national youth group events